Monday, November 3, 2014
"The Bear" turns 17!
My 3rd son, Josh, turns 17 today. Here are some stories about "The Bear"
* He was my first child that my mom could not be here for after he was born. She was was fighting cancer and died when Josh was 5 months old.
* My sister and brother-in-law were looking at him in the nursery after delivery and overheard someone saying, "There must me something wrong with that baby, he looks like he has been here awhile" Josh was 10 lbs 3 ounces and looked like he was already 3 months old.
* He was the first of my boys to put his head under water, while we were swimming with him. He was probably about 8 months. Soon after, his 4 year brother thought that he had better try it. Josh loved the water as a baby.
* I had one panic attack with him. We were getting ready to go to my middle son's baseball game. My friend, a couple houses down, was going with her son and kids and, I thought, my other 2 boys. So anyway, we get to the game and I ask her if Josh is on the playground and she said, I thought you brought him. Josh was probably 4. Both of us look at each other with that panic look on our faces as my heart feels like it's beating out of my chest. I get in my car and start heading home which is about 40 min. away. I call my other neighbor and the teenage daughter said she would look for him. He was with her sister, playing outside. She watched him until I got home.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment