Monday, November 10, 2014

Spaces between children


     What do you think is a good amount of space between having children?  My first 2 were only 18 months apart and when I look back now, my oldest was still a baby when his brother came along.  It was busy with both in diapers, but there was still one adult for every baby.  When the 3rd boy came along, 26 months later, my husband and I really felt the difference of having multiple children.  The children outnumbered the adults.  I'm not sure if I did it the best way.  Sometimes I feel like I didn't spend enough time with the 3rd child, because you are always running with the older ones.  The 3rd boy has always been independent and I think that is because he had to entertain himself and go with the flow.  My brother and sister-in-law have 2 kids, 5 years apart.  I think that is a nice idea, because the child has a lot of individual time with you during their toddler years.  They are also spaced out for college.  One child should be done with a degree as the next child starts.
     In the long run, there is not a right or wrong way.  You work with what you were blessed with and enjoy every moment, because it goes fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment